Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tentative plans

So, I'm going to pay off my credit card by the end of the year so that I can begin working on building a savings to travel with again. But, before I travel, I really want to spend at least a month (preferably more) in New Orleans doing volunteer clean-up. I've already found some organizations I want to work with while I'm there. One is the Animal rescue, another is a women's shelter, another is gutting houses, and another is a fledgling student co-op. I've been wanting to go down there for a long time now, pretty much ever since Katrina, but time and financial resources haven't yet allowed for it. And come next spring/summer, I do believe that it will all finally line up for me.

After a couple months in NOLA, I'd like to finally move to Portland. I definitely want to start a co-op there, and study glass and fire dancing while I'm at it. And somewhere in between all of that I HAVE TO GO BACK TO NEPAL. I have a really intense urge to go trekking in the Himalayas again. This time I want to do the entire Annapurna Circuit. It takes a good 21 days. I can't wait. Afterwards, I want to mosy on down to India and spend 3 weeks backpacking around the country. Ideally, I will fly into China, overland it west to Tibet, then come into Nepal from the north, then south to India. Then, maybe I'll fly home. Or maybe I'll stay there. Who knows. Eventually I will come to Portland, I swear! It just seems that there is so much to do first. It feels like Portland is a place I want to settle down in, if I am ever able to actually settle down. Or maybe I just have a different way of settling. Hmm. There's just too much stuff that I want to and need to do in this life. I feel like I don't have enough time for any of it! And I'm constantly trying to figure out how to implement it all. In what order is it most efficient, time and money-wise? Can I start a co-op and then just leave it to teach english in the Marshall Islands for a year? Or should I do that first? It's so hard to choose! Although it's not really choosing, it's just putting it in order of importance. And the problem is, I don't know yet what is more important to me. I have this huge list of things I want to do, maybe I should write some out.

Teach English in the Marshall Islands
Teach English in China
Open a guesthouse in Bali
Start a co-op in Portland
Study glass in Seattle
Study fire arts in Portland/San Francisco
Acquire multiple Masters degrees
Backpack Asia-again
Backpack Latin America, every country, all in one trip
Do a round the world trip, hitting at least 3 continents in one
Fly one way somewhere and work my way across the world
Become an established freelance travel writer
Publish multiple books
Start a fire troupe
WWOOF it across New Zealand and Australia
Couch-surf on every continent
Did I mention visit every country in the world?
Sky dive into Burning Man

So many more....but I'm growing more tired by the minute, and I have to open the coffee place in...7 hours...g'nite.

No comments: