Thursday, September 27, 2007

Okay, it's time to actually blog again.

I'm settling into Chicago life. I got myself a job, transcribing videotaped psychotherapy sessions. That I can do from home, which is *awesome*. It's this really fascinating form of self-directed therapy called Internal Family Systems (IFS). I'm not sure if I would ever practice it, but hey, whatever helps you. I don't think I should really go into it, so moving on.

I'm hoping to get a nanny position as well in Hyde Park. That would be great. However...mom said she'd call me..yesterday. I sent her a short thank you email today. I don't want to start looking for a job again! (waa, waa, I'm such a whiner) I liked the nanny job 'cause it was only a couple hours a day and it paid really well. I hope there are still a few positions on Marketplace. I'll have to look again in a bit.

I have a lot less to write about than I originally thought....so I think I might watch something on the best website ever (tv-links.co.uk) to take a much-needed break from the content on those tapes.

Wait, I do have something to say...about my lack of something to say. It seems that sometimes I need a few days to process things that may be going on in my life before I can write about them. Or, maybe there's just really no inner turmoil going on at this point :) Wow, there's a thought. I suppose it's true. I've been pretty stress free since I got here (even with a dwindling bank account and rent due next week) My main goal has been getting a job. I haven't really thought of anything else. And I don't think I will until I get one. Maybe that's why I have nothing to say. Because my thoughts have been dominated by one simple goal: GET A JOB. NOW.

I'm trying!

No comments: