Monday, July 23, 2007

Decisions

Must be made. So many to be made. Burning Man. Job. Hmm. First things first, I signed a new contract for my new room beginning September 1. This does not necessarily mean I have to be back that day, it just means I start paying rent that day. My rent is under 400 so it's not too bad. So I think I will spend 2 week at home, getting my shit ready, somehow get down to BM, come back home, and start the drive back here. Maybe we should fly....

Okay, I have made a 600 budget if we fly, and 400 if we drive. The defining factor is a vehicle to drive down there that will make it there and back. I guess we'll find out when I get home and get a car...

Okay, now the job thing. I can probably get this nanny position, which would be really chill, I'd have afternoons off, and just take care of a kid for a couple hours in the morning and a couple in the evening. But I'd only be getting paid like 800-1000 a month. I can survive on that, but not save shit.

Or I can wait until I get back and try and get a job at Corrigan and April's work. Providing tech support for some shitty software. But it pays like 44k/year to start. To start! And benefits. I need benefits. I could save, pay off my loans, and go to the doctor! I think that this is the better position, and that means I can wait to apply until after I return. I wonder if they will have a position open, or if I should apply now before I leave to set something up. But I like the idea of driving cross country without a predetermined date to be here. Hmm.. What to do.

No comments: