Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Writing about nothing has more substance than my journalism articles.

Taking a break from writing story pitches to send to the Chicago Reader. I'm having trouble looking at the same sentence over and over and changing one word then rearranging a paragraph then deleting the whole thing and starting over.

So I'm having a glass of red wine provided to me by my wonderful roommate (thanks April!) enjoying some chips and fresh salsa from the produce mart, and writing instead, about quintessentially nothing. But it flows so much easier when I type into this little white box! I don't have to worry about sentence structure or whether this paragraph ties into the first one making the entire thing a cohesive whole. No, no. Because (I think) the beauty of a blog is allowing one's thoughts to roam like a sheep exploring the side of a mountain. The twists and turns and tangents one's brain embarks upon when blogging is the essence of a blog: a snapshot into another's train of thought, which can form as a reminder of the similar elements we as humans share, or as a reminder of what we don't want to become.

No comments: